Food is a delicacy that everyone enjoys.
Some like to cook themselves while others are too lazy to cook food. Some are good cooks by nature while some learn as they go their way.
So there is one thing for sure – cooking doesn’t have to be a nightmare for anyone as bad food is the last thing one should come to.
Many people are switching to rice as their staple diet because it’s good for health and reasonably priced food. But it has one big problem. It can be somewhat hard to get perfectly cooked rice when cooking it.
That is when the rice cooker comes to the rescue!
- 1 Aroma Housewares ARC-914SBD 8-Cup (Cooked) Digital Cool-Touch Rice Cooker and Food Steamer, Stainless Steel – The best sensor logic technology rice cooker
- 2 Features and specifications:
- 3 Aroma Housewares 20 Cup Cooked (10 cup uncooked) Digital Rice Cooker, Slow Cooker, Food Steamer, SS Exterior (ARC-150SB) – A gem of an appliance and the best 20 cup rice cooker that will ease your life
- 4 Aroma Simply Stainless 3-Cup(Uncooked) 6-Cup (Cooked) Rice Cooker, White –
- 5 Aroma Housewares 6-Cup Pot Style Rice Cooker and Food Steamer – The best simple one-touch design cooker
- 6 Aroma Housewares 60-Cup (Cooked) (30-Cup UNCOOKED) Commercial Rice Cooker (ARC-1033E) – The best commercial and professional rice cooker.
- 7 Aroma Professional 6 Cups Uncooked Rice Cooker, Food Steamer, Silver (ARC-6106) – The best Micom Technology equipped rice cooker
- 8 Instant Pot Duo Mini 3 Qt 7-in-1 Multi- Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and Warmer – The best 7 in 1 functioning mini rice cooker
- 9 In a nutshell, always refer to these aspects before buying a rice cooker :
- 10 Why should you use a Rice Cooker?
(Must know info paragraph)
Rice cooker is a cooking appliance found in many household kitchens.
It is an airtight utensil where food cooks fast under the pressure of steam in comparison to any conventional cooking method. Hence you save time and energy both. Less water is required to cook, so more and more vitamins and minerals are retained in the food.
It provides a completely sealed environment due to which there is no loss of flavor and moisture during evaporation. Rice cooker is easy to operate, clean and maintain for a long time. There are an electric rice cooker, manual rice cooker as well as portable rice cooker They reduce cooking time by a much larger factor and can cook multiple varieties of rice dishes and cook food as quickly as possible.
So let’s have a look at the top-rated rice cookers from the house of Aroma – you won’t regret your decision of buying it anytime.
Aroma Housewares ARC-914SBD 8-Cup (Cooked) Digital Cool-Touch Rice Cooker and Food Steamer, Stainless Steel – The best sensor logic technology rice cooker
Get the feel of restaurant cooked rice which is healthy and delicious in the aroma rice cooker. It is also one of the best aroma digital rice cookers that is simple to use and cooks rice quickly at the ease of your fingertips.
It is made using a specifically designed sensor logic technology that uses a microcomputer to automatically optimize the cooking temperature. Hence due to this, the rice maintains its flavor and texture.
This cooker provides easy to use functionalities for cooking white rice as well as brown rice.
After the food is cooked, the cooker switches to Keep-Warm mode automatically to keep it warm so that you don’t have to keep monitoring it. It can be used to cook anything including rice, meat, vegetables and much more.
The technology used in this cooker is also used in a Zojirushi rice cooker, which is one of the best Japanese rice cookers.
Zojirushi rice cooker is more expensive as compared to this one, despite having the same technologies at its core because Zojirushi is a much more established brand name,
hence its products are also a bit expensive.
The Aroma Housewares ARC-914SBD cooker is considered one of the best in its segment because of two important parameters – The output of its cooked rice and its ease of use in terms of design.
It has a built-in vegetable steamer to cook vegetables while simultaneously you steam your rice.
Even the laziest person in the world could make a well-balanced meal using this rice cooker. It has a dimension of 8.5 x 9.3 x 8.7 inches and weighs around 4.2 pounds.
Features and specifications:
- This cooker is extremely easy to use. It comes with programmable digital controls that has many functionalities such as Keep-Warm, White Rice, Brown Rice, etc. It can be used to steam food that is both nutritious and healthy. Four to eight cups of rice of any variety can be easily cooked in it. Also prepare soups, oatmeal jambalaya, chili, and much more in this rice cooker.
- You can also plan your meal beforehand as it comes with a 15-hour Delay Timer that facilitates flexible meal planning. Hence cook your meal when you wish to and enjoy the delicacy of a nutritious and healthy food all the time. One of the best feature for on the go families. It also features a ‘flash Rice’ function that reduces cooking time by a factor of half.
- The cooker comes with below packaging:
– The cooker itself (including the digital controller and the heating element)
– Teflon coated (non-stick) rice cooker pot
– Plastic vegetable steamer/food cooker tray
– Plastic stirring spatula (used once the rice is cooked)
– Clear plastic measuring cup (1 cup capacity)
– Users manual
– Quick start guide
– Rice recipes
After cooking is done, the inner cooking pot and all other accessories can be easily removed and cleaned in a dishwasher.
- The body of the cooker is made up of stainless steel and all the controls are digital. The steam tray is BPA-free.
- The inbuilt single-button feature allows easy cooking of food without the need for constantly monitoring it. The biggest advantage – now spend more time with your loved ones and have that little me time that you always craved for. When the food is cooked, the cooker switches to keep warm mode which keeps the food hot until you eat it.
The mechanism involves multiple measurements taking place with calculations and programming instructions to produce properly cooked rice.
- The coating inside the cooker is non-stick and the pot is made up of aluminum. All the inside accessories can be easily taken out for quick serving. while cooking, at times the steam vents out but does not make a mess nor sputter all over the kitchen counter as many other cookers do. This is a huge added advantage in terms of cleanliness.
- The minimum quantity that can be cooked in this rice cooker is 1/2 If you wish to steam vegetables and not cook any rice, all you need to do is add some fluid in the bottom and place the container on top with the vegetables in it.
- It comes with a plastic rice paddle and can be placed on the right side of the cooker for easy and convenient storage. Moreover, it doesn’t come with a retractable cord. The serving spatula facilitates even distribution of moisture in the rice and is 7.5 inches in length. The serving end is merely 3 inches wide at the widest point.
- This rice cooker is definitely an advancement over the aroma pressure cooker as it works fine for different varieties of grains .
Aroma Housewares 20 Cup Cooked (10 cup uncooked) Digital Rice Cooker, Slow Cooker, Food Steamer, SS Exterior (ARC-150SB) – A gem of an appliance and the best 20 cup rice cooker that will ease your life
This product from the house of the aroma is worth every penny that you will spend. It is really a gem of an appliance and a definite recommendation to anyone. You
will never juggle between multiple pans/ utensils once you start using this. It is perfect for cooking full meal dishes (crock pot type use) & also acts as a veggie or food steamer tray. The added advantage – it can cook a wide variety of dishes.
You can cook rice, soup, stews, and oatmeal at the ease of your fingertips. It also comes with a beeper which beeps for 5 to 6 seconds automatically switches to keep warm mode once the food is cooked. When everything is done just press the power button to switch it off.
The inner cooking pot and all accessories can be easily removed and cleaned.
It features a dimension of 10.8 x 11.2 x 10.8 inches and weighs around 5 pounds. The instructions are simple in the manual. It is a great, simple and convenient product to use.
Features and specifications:
- You can easily cook up to 20-cup of rice and can also steam meat, vegetables, etc, while in the meantime the rice cooks below.
- It comes with the following functionalities – Keep-Warm, White Rice, Brown Rice, Steam, Flash Rice and Slow Cook. This makes the cooker easy-to-use while the digital controls provided a better cooking experience.
- It also features a fifteen hour Delay Timer functionality using which you can plan your meal beforehand.
- The package includes a Steam Tray, a rice measuring cup and a
- You can cook any variety of rice as all the controls are digital. You can also cook anything apart from rice as well.
- The exterior is made up of stainless steel while the inner pot is non-stick.
- The tray is BPA free. The cooker has a stick-free insert, hence you don’t need a spatula or stick to pour ingredients. The lid can be easily cleaned with a dishcloth. Moreover, the cooker is completely sealed all the way around. Hence while cooking no liquid or steam can get into the lid compartment.
List of functionalities :
- Steam and Delay Timer: It has a steam and delay timer functionality for people who always remain on the go. So all you need to do is – in the morning fill the cooker with rice, and set the Delay Timer to have fully cooked rice when you return home.
- White Rice: This functionality is to cook normal white rice simply with the press of a button.
- Slow Cook: All you need to do is put all ingredients in the cooker and press this button. It will cook the food slowly while you keep doing your work and all you will come to is a healthy and nutritious ready to eat food.
- Brown Rice: Easily cook brown rice with just the touch of a button and never again compromise with taste and nutrition.
- It also has a new button called ‘Flash Rice’. It cooks tough-to-cook grains much quickly and saves you all the hassle.
Easy tip : Whenever you use this rice cooker please use the cup provided for easy measuring.
Aroma Simply Stainless 3-Cup(Uncooked) 6-Cup (Cooked) Rice Cooker, White –
One of the best stainless steel and 100% surgical-grade rice cooker
This cooker makes home cooking so easy that you will never ever think about comparing your food to a restaurant cooked meal. It gives you a cooked rice bowl that can outrun any restaurant cooked rice. It can accommodate 3 cups of uncooked rice and give you 6 cups of cooked rice, which is both steamed and healthy.
Once the rice is cooked completely it switches to Keep-warm mode automatically so that you don’t have to constantly monitor your food. When the cooking is done, the inner cooking pot and all other accessories can be removed and cleaned easily in the dishwasher.
It has a dimension of 8.2 x 8.1 x 10.3 inches and weighs around 4.4 pounds
Features and specifications:
- You can cook any variety of rice ranging from two to six cups.
- The cooking pot is made completely of surgical-grade stainless steel which is basically an alloy of nickel, molybdenum, and chromium. These elements account for stronger, smoother, harder and more corrosion-resistant functioning of the product as compared to normal stainless steel.
- The functionalities are simple and have easy one-button access to cook food seamlessly and quickly.
- The inner pot is easy-to-clean as it can be easily removed.
- Components included are :
- Rice Measuring Cup
- Serving Spatula
- Aroma Simply Stainless 6-Cup (Cooked) Rice Cooker
- You can also cook oatmeal, soup, stew, chili and much more.
- The glass lid on top of the cooker is made up of plastic. The holder to is made up of plastic.
- You get two modes in this cooker – Cook and Warm. A warm mode is the default mode.
Now in order to cook the rice, just press the lever to switch the cooker to Cook mode . After cooking is done , it switches back to Warm mode again so that the food doesn’t get cold.
Aroma Housewares 6-Cup Pot Style Rice Cooker and Food Steamer – The best simple one-touch design cooker
It’s a pretty cool rice cooker. All you have to do is add ingredients and water, press on the start button, and when it’s cooked it will stop and shift to WARM mode automatically. The product dimensions are 11.1 x 10.4 x 8.1 inches and it weighs around 3.7 pounds. This is a definite value for money buy.
Features and specifications:
- you can perfectly prepare two to six cups of any variety of rice, and can also steam meat, vegetables and also cook soups, jambalaya, chili and so much more!
- The components include :
- Full-view tempered glass lid
- Steam tray, which is regular in size
- A cup for measuring rice
- Electricity supplied measures at parameters of 120V 60Hz and 300w.
Aroma Housewares 60-Cup (Cooked) (30-Cup UNCOOKED) Commercial Rice Cooker (ARC-1033E) – The best commercial and professional rice cooker.
A perfect rice cooker to be used commercially and can be cooked 60 cups of cooked rice of any variety.
It comes with two cups for measuring rice and also a rice paddle.
The body of the cooker is composed up of heavy-duty stainless steel which promotes enhanced durability. All the functions are electronic which makes this cooker simple to use. All you need to do is just put the rice, add water, press a button and relax. Its automation easily senses when the rice is cooked and switches to keep warm mode.
The accessories included are :
- Rice measuring tumbler
- Spatula for serving.
The dimensions are 17.7 x 17.7 x 12.6 inches and it weighs around 17.5 pounds
Features and specifications :
- The COOK and KEEP WARM functions promotes easy and convenient cooking.
- This cooker has a pot style and needs a power of 110v to operate.
Aroma Professional 6 Cups Uncooked Rice Cooker, Food Steamer, Silver (ARC-6106) – The best Micom Technology equipped rice cooker
One of the best example of a classic, sophisticated and versatile rice cooker. You can easily prepare four to twelve cups of any variety of cooked rice. In terms of usability, it is easy to use. The controls are digital and come with a whole lot of exciting functionalities.
The accessories included are Non-stick Inner pot, steam tray, a rice measuring cup, a soup ladle, and spatula. Perfect for steaming meat and vegetables alongside cooking rice in the below rack of the cooker.
The dimensions are 14.5 x 10.63 x 8.63 inches and it weighs around 7.3 lbs. The material used in the making is stainless steel.
Features and specifications :
- The rice cooker is embedded with a sensor logic technology that automatically optimizes the cooking temperature so that you get a perfectly cooked rice. It is equipped with Micom Technology, which helps it automatically adjust the temperature to cook rice perfectly. You cannot manually adjust the temperature.
- It comes with a Sauté-Then-Simmé function to provide high heat sautéing of rice and any other food.
- It has a 15- hour Delay Timer for advance meal planning.
- It comes in the shape of an egg like container.
- The inner pot is made up of aluminum that has a non-stick coating over it.
- This rice cooker operates at power parameters of 120 volts, 600 watts and 60 hertz.
Instant Pot Duo Mini 3 Qt 7-in-1 Multi- Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and Warmer – The best 7 in 1 functioning mini rice cooker
As per rice cooker reviews, this is regarded as the best 7 in 1 multi-functioning rice cooker which is perfect for smaller families. You can cook a small meal for two people very easily.
It can accommodate up to twelve cups of cooked rice at the maximum and provides seven in one functionality which includes that of –
- Rice Cooker
- Pressure Cooker,
- Slow Cooker
- Yogurt Maker
It comes with an inbuilt microprocessor that takes care of pressure, temperature, as well as adjusts the heat intensity and duration for providing a healthy and tasty rice. It has a dimension of 11.8 x 10.5 x 11 inches and weighs around 8.65 pounds.
Features and specifications:
- It features eleven smart digital controls. – Rice, Soup/Broth, Meat/Stew, Bean/Chili, Sauté, Porridge, Steam, Slow Cook, Yogurt, Keep Warm, and Pressure Cook
- The delay timer can range up to 24 hours and can keep the food warm up to 10 hours.
- It has 10 different safety mechanisms which are – UL and ULC certified. Hence this increases better performance and efficiency of the rice cooker.
- The inner pot is made up of Stainless steel, and there is no chemical coating. Moreover, it is safe for dishwasher use.
- It comes with following accessories: Rice measuring cup, stainless steel steam rack without handles, rice paddle, soup spoon, condensation collector and recipe booklet.
- It can cook the dishes 70% faster than other rice cookers.
- It ensures the following safety regulations :
- Pressure Regulator: this ensures that the working pressure is always below the safety limit.
- Anti-Blockage Vent: It ensures that the vent does not get blocked from the food debris.
- Safety lid lock: It prevents the accidental opening of the cooker while it is pressurized.
- It has a sensor for lid position detection, which basically monitors whether the lid is in an unsafe position for cooking or not.
- It comes with an automatic temperature regulator which ensures better efficiency of the product.
- Temperature monitoring avoids burning of food while cooking at higher temperatures.
- Pressure controller: Always keeps the pressure value in the safe operating range.
- The Electrical current and temperature fuse disconnects automatically if the current or internal temperature exceeds safety limits.
- It has detected a leaky lid.
- UL & ULC certification: It has been designed keeping into mind ten patented technologies and safety mechanisms.
Who should buy it?
Those who like convenience in their life should definitely go for this product.
Why should you buy it?
Highly energy efficient and kitchen friendly – Means you have to pay less for the electric bills.
With the presence of a huge variety of rice cookers out there, it can be cumbersome to choose the right one. You should decide first how you eat rice, how much you eat rice and what are the different types of rice that you eat.
Say for example :
- If you eat white rice and that too occasionally, it is better to go with a cheap rice cooker
- On the other side, if you are a daily rice eater and eat whole different varieties of rice, you might think about going with a rice cooker that has induction heating or a microprocessor, as well as a variety of rice settings.
Also before you buy a rice cooker you need to figure out how many people you are going to cook rice?
So here are some tips that will help you in selecting the right one:
- Rice cookers do not consume more space and can be easily accommodated in a small kitchen. Some are there which cook more rice than usual. For a smaller kitchen, you can go with a multi-purpose rice cooker that can both cook food and also provide a slow cook and steam functionality. Their main benefit – they do not release steam. Hence they can be used in any room of any household.
- Buy a rice cooker that is very convenient as per usability. If you go with a basic rice cooker, it will have the one-touch operation. The more expensive ones will have many digital controls.
- Make a list of must-have features. A digital model has a timer function that can tell you when to switch the cooker on and how much time is there until your food becomes ready to eat. A cooker that has more advanced features eases the cooking process more so that less human interaction is required.
- If your cooker has a keep-warm functionality, that would be a huge plus point. You don’t have to keep standing near the cooker for constant monitoring whether the food is cooked or not. It ensures your food stays warm until you decide to finally eat it. Also, it doesn’t over-cook your meal while you are busy in other engagements.
- Rice cookers must not burn your finger when you touch their outer surface and the appliance is on. So make sure your rice cooker has a keep-cool or stay-cool functionality. If you want to serve rice from the cooker on to the plate or bowl, make sure the handles remain cool enough for you to hold it and serve rice.
- Please confirm that your cooker has a removable or retractable power cord. The main benefit of this is in storing the appliance. It is a convenient option to turn your cooker into a portable server without the hassle of dragging a long power cord behind it.
- You must look for a rice cooker that has a detachable inner lid. Most rice cookers have a lid that’s is attached on one side, making it convenient for one-handed users but can be cumbersome to clean. A rice cooker with a detachable and washable inner lid is the best option for easy cleanup.
- The rice bowls must be easy to clean. The rice cooker must be non-stick and easy to wash. Some rice-cookers are dishwasher-safe, some are not. Some rice cookers have stainless-steel inserts which are more durable but can be hard to clean at times.
In a nutshell, always refer to these aspects before buying a rice cooker :
- The controls are digital.
- It undergoes a reheat cycle warm rice.
- It has steam trays and simmers as well as slow cook functionality.
- Always buy a cooker as per your household needs.
- High durability. Stainless steel pots are much more durable.
- The parts are dishwasher safe and easy for cleanup.
- Custom measuring cups are always a plus point. Make sure that it has non-scratch serving spoons.
- Quick cook functionality is inbuilt for saving time.
- It comprises light indicators
- It can keep food warm using Keep warm/delay features making the cooking process much more flexible.
- It has non-stick inner pots.
- Please ensure that it has texture settings for softer rice
- It can cook other grains also without any hassle.
Why should you use a Rice Cooker?
Rice cookers ease out the rice cooking process. They consist of warmers which keep the rice at the right temperature. It doesn’t leave the rice mushy. It doesn’t make the rice extra starchy and regulates the starch level of the rice.
You get perfectly cooked rice every time. It avoids all the mess that you usually have with a stove. Cook whatever food you like as it is multifunctional, doesn’t burn a hole in your pocket in terms of money, and finally saves a lot of time. Less space consuming and can easily fit into your household without creating a mess.
There are different varieties of rice cookers ranging from the simple and cheap ones to the advanced and expensive ones: Let’s have a look at them:
- Microwave rice cookers: They are cheap and are usually made up of plastic. These cooking vessels keep steam locked in so that the rice gets cooked or food is steamed using nothing else but a microwave. They produce the best-steamed rice.
- Conventional rice cookers: They are the most popular and widely used ones. They comprise basic components such as a heating plate, external pot, cooking pot, and often a steam tray.
They rely on the heat plate and a timer to cook rice and eventually keep things simple. Some of them have an automatic shut off feature, some have a delay and some have to keep warm functions. There are many which have all these functionalities also. Some of them have a 3 cup setup while some have a 60 cup setup.
- Micom Rice cookers: They are a bit advanced one and costly also. They feature a computerized microchip whose main objective is to automatically regulate cooking time as well as temperature.
They make use of thermal sensors. Hence every time you get perfectly cooked rice. They can also handle other cooking tasks as well to perfection.
- Micom Rice cookers with induction heating: This one is a step up from the mic cooker. A bit more advanced and more costly.
It features an induction-heating element. What it basically does is create a magnetic field that constantly transmits heat within the entire inner pot. As a result, you get much better cooking that normal Micom technology equipped rice cooker.
- Micom Rice cookers with pressurized induction heating: This type of rice cooker takes induction and micom technology a bit further and to a whole new level. They increase the cooking temperature using pressurized heating to alter the texture and structure of the grains.
They are definitely a value for money as they come with all the latest advanced technology and features. Considered as one of the best rice cookers you can ever buy.
How should you use a rice cooker?
It is better not to peek into the rice cooker because every time you do that, water vapor escapes, which eventually makes the rice dry.
Let your rice rest after you have cooked it. The cooker shifts to warm mode but it doesn’t mean the rice inside is completely done and ready to eat. If you let your rice sit for a minimum of 5-10 minutes after the cooker has been switched off, you will get a fully cooked rice as excess moisture will be steamed out of the cooker.
You should never use metal utensils to serve the rice because it may ruin the inside coating of the rice cooker. The inner coating is a non-stick one that can be easily scratched off by metal utensils. So for a long life of your appliance better to use a plastic serving spoon.
Also, it is recommended to frequently wash your cooker between multiple batches of rice.
Once you are done with removing any large amounts of leftover rice, simply replace the inner pan of the cooker and leave it in warming mode with the lid open.
Hence the entire rice dries out and evenly distributes the moisture through it. Due to this no rice stick to the bottom surface and hence facilitates easy cleaning. If you want an even better cleaning option, you can go for rice napkins which allow easy cleanup and much better water drainage.
Some final tips for an easy and convenient cooking experience:
- You should go through the instruction manual carefully to avoid any mishandling.
- Always use the handles or knobs and never touch the hot surfaces.
- Never immerse the bottom part with the electronics in water.
- Do not let kids mishandle the appliance as they might get injured.
- Always unplug the wire from the plug when not in use or when you are using it for cleaning. Never use it with a damaged cable. Also never let a long cord just crowd your kitchen counter.
- Before cleaning, make sure that the cooker is cool enough to handle.
- Never remove the interior bowl while you are using the cooker. This can result in a serious situation.